HOW TO SET UP YOUR OWN “MY LIBRARY” ACCOUNT
Open the library’s home page at: www.darbylibrary.net
Click on “My Library Account” (right column)
Enter your barcode number (no spaces) OR ALT I.D. (CAPITOL letters) Enter pin number & then click “LOGIN” Default pin is CHANGEME
Review My Account
This brings up a summary of your record. Click on either option to bring up a detailed list of materials checked out to you (with due dates) or items on
hold for you.
Renew My Materials
To renew an item select the box next to the title, then click on the light blue bar at the bottom that says “RENEW SELECTED ITEMS.” It will then bring up a screen with the new due date (or if for some reason it did not renew, it will give you a reason.)
User PIN Change
To change your PIN number, enter your new PIN number in the appropriate box. Then re-enter it and click on “CHANGE PIN.”
Change My Address
To change your address, fill in each box with the new information and click on “SEND.”
Search for an Item and Place Your Own Hold
1. Go to Home Page, enter title name, author, etc. in “Search for” box.
Click category of search below box.
2. A list of items will appear.
3. Once item is found, click on either the picture of the item or the title
(blue letters) for more details.
4. Once full details appear, if you want the item, click “Place Hold”
5. If you have not already logged into your account: Fill in the “USER ID” and “PIN” boxes. If you are unsure what these numbers are, ask a librarian. (Note: If you are already logged into your “My Library” account, this step will not be necessary.)
6. On the next screen, click on “Place Hold” again, UNLESS you want to
suspend your hold temporarily due to vacation, etc. If so, click on the calendar icon and select dates.
7. Next screen, review the information; if correct, click “OK.”
8. Once the item arrives at the Library, you will be notified by phone or email. *E-mail notices are sent from the following: firstname.lastname@example.org