The Darby Community Public Library maintains a diverse collection of materials for free public use including a Montana collection,
* Free wireless Internet access seven days a week
* Public access desktop computers and laptops
* Public printer, Fax, copier, and laminator available
* Ongoing programs for community members of all ages
* Fully equipped community meeting room for presentations, meetings, and online conferences
* Homework and literacy tutors
* Visitor and tourist information
* Weekly Children’s Story Hour in our children’s room and at the school daycare center
* Online resources and databases
* Computer access for the visually impaired
* Reports and studies from local governments
* Montana State Tax Forms available during tax season
Books, Audiobooks, and Films
The Darby Community Public Library maintains adult fiction and non-fiction collections including a special Montana collection. The junior area is located in the southeast corner of the library and houses our junior chapter books and all children’s non-fiction books. Picture books, easy readers, board books, building blocks and more can be found in the children’s room, located on the northwest side of the library. All film DVD's are located in the center of the library near the magazines and newspapers. Audio books follow the Adult Fiction Section in the main library.
It is easy to get a library card so that you can use all the resources available at your library. Just bring your photo ID and register at the library desk. If you are under 18 years of age, you will need your caregiver to register for your card.
E-Books and E-Audiobooks
Electronic books and audiobooks may be borrowed from our MontanaLibrary2Go collection.
The Darby Community Public Library maintains eleven desktop computers with internet access and printing capabilities in the computer room. Three laptops are also available for in library check out. Library WI-FI is available 24 hours a day for library users. Three offline children’s computers are located in the children’s room.
Research and Homework
Students interested in scholarships may find applications at the link http://www.goodcall.com/scholarships. Additional scholarship information may be found at the Darby Public Schools website located on our Links page.
Navigate to the Darby Diaries on the Montana Memory Project to explore local history.
How do I…
Get help with a variety of library tasks, from setting up your online account to downloading that eBook
Ask a librarian at email@example.com listing patron question as email subject.