Darby Community Public Library Board of Trustees
10 AM in the library meeting room
Attendees: Forest Hayes, Chair; Ted Almgren, Ada Almgren, Judy Estler, Barbara Ackerman, Veryl Kosteczko, Lisa Poe, and Wendy Campbell. Quorum was established to conduct business.
- Call to Order: Forest called meeting to order at 10:01 AM
- Introduce Guests: No guests were present.
III. Approval of minutes from regular board meeting April 9, 2015: Ted moved we accept minutes as corrected. Judy seconded. Minutes approved.
- Financial Reports
- Receipts and Expenditures- Wendy reviewed with trustees.
- Approve Bills and Claims-Wendy reviewed with trustees. Judy moved to accept and pay claims. Barbara seconded. Approved bills as presented.
- Directors Report Questions and Discussion-
Ted moved that Wendy contact school to discuss the counselor sessions being held at the library. Judy seconded. Board approved discussion of school counseling sessions with school official.
Wendy will include surplus item decision in the June Board Meeting Agenda.
Ted and Forest will work on moving snowblowers to a storage area.
Ted will research back door hardware that needs replacement.
Wendy discussed internet security issues that she is working with Brian Bridges to correct.
Volunteer barbecue was scheduled for August 20th at 6:30 PM. Library will contact volunteers.
Wendy will seek estimates for window cleaning. Forest will investigate rafter cleaning by local Job Corps.
- Correspondence-Letter from Town Council to Ravalli County Commissioners stating their support to take the mill levy increase request to a vote. Wendy stated that, following this board meeting, she will send electronic copies of Town Council letter, signed Resolution 27, revised Powerpoint presentation, and preliminary budget for FY 2015-16 to the county commissioners via Glenda Wiles.
VII. Old Business
- Distribute forms for Policy Book- Wendy will make hard copies of table of contents, forms, appendix, and Volunteer Application form and place in board folders.
- Mill Levy Update
- Town Council meeting presentation- Ted. Wendy will put hard copy of Town Council presentation in official board minutes book.
- Ravalli County Commission presentation-Ted reviewed the information he will present to the Ravalli County Commissioners.
- Campaign Update- Judy shared that the Friends of the Darby Library met with everylibrary.org in a conference call and have started the process to form PAC/ ballot commission. Will be called the Vote Yes PAC and list Treasurer’s name in advertising.
- Upcoming Board Position and Office of Chairperson: Forest has agreed to be reappointed to the board through the mill levy process.
- Vote on Media Equipment and Circulation policies- Barbara moved. Judy seconded. Approved Media and Circulation policy additions and revisions.
- Materials Selection policy discussion- Wendy will bring written policy with suggested revisions to board for discussion.
VIII. New Business
- Preliminary Budget for FY 2015-16. Lisa moved. Ted seconded. Preliminary budget for Ravalli County Commissioners presentation approved for submission to commissioners.
- Friends of the Darby Library requested funds- Wendy shared that the Friends have graciously committed to a donation of $5838.25 for the Darby library in FY2015-16
- Fundraiser opportunities for book and magazine purchases discussion
- Board signed official copy of Resolution 27 that was approved on March 12, 2015
- Schedule Director Evaluation-Forest will send out
- Committee Reports
- Landscaping- no report
- Operational-no report
- Used Bookstore- Ron Birkle will reconstruct donated bookcase from Esther and William McDonald
- Citizens Advisory- no report
- FODL-no additional information.
- Public Comment- no public comment was taken.
- Adjournment Forest adjourned meeting at 12:10PM